The major benefits of using Lime are:
- Synergistically formulated to ensure essential crop nutrition, especially from the pre-bud stage right through to post harvest.
- Safe to use formulation that can be used during flowering.
- Calcium is required for synthesis of cells in the growing pollen tube and determines direction of growth of the pollen tube.
- Added Magnesium to improve chlorophyll production, especially in new leaf.
- Can be applied with a wide range of other agricultural chemicals.
Calcium is the primary building block of the cell walls and membranes without which cell division will be adversely affected, and structural stability and permeability of the cell walls will suffer. Calcium is the main transport mechanism for nutrients and boron is the placement of these nutrients in the plant.
Results show that increasing available calcium to the crop promotes longer shelf life, and reduced bruising. Problems such as cracking, splitting, water core, bitterpit, internal browning, blossom-end rot in tomatoes and soft bottom in melons are avoided.